Newcastle City of Languages is only possible due to partnership working and the collaboration of a myriad of partners locally, regionally, nationally and from other countries. Find out more about our partners and how we are working together.
A new approach
Newcastle City of Languages is a new, city-wide approach to provide momentum, profile and support for language learning, teaching and appreciation of different languages across the city.
We are building on existing expertise, networks and support and seeking to add value by brokering links, facilitating new relationships and helping people access resources and opportunities.
We rely on and are grateful to our partners. We welcome anyone to get involved if you have knowledge, resources or expertise to share, ideas or ambitions or want to access any of the opportunities on offer.
A series of stakeholder events led to the development of Newcastle City of Languages and the evolution of this and how and why we are developing actions around languages are outlined in these notes and reports:
- Our Newcastle Our World plan
- Briefing Note on the evolution of ONOW activities (February 2020)
- Youth Connectors report and resource pack (July 2019)
- Newcastle City of Languages stakeholder event report (December 2019)
Taking actions forward
- International Newcastle (convenor)
- British Council and its NE Ambassadors
- Association for Language Learning and A4LL NE
- Newcastle City Council (Education)
- Newcastle University (Language Resource Centre)
- Alliance française de Newcastle
- North East Solidarity and Teaching (N.E.S.T)
- INTO Newcastle
- NE England Chamber of Commerce
- North East Local Enterprise Partnership
We also work closely with national cultural institutions promoting international languages and cultures to take forward actions:
- Institut français du Royaume-Uni
- Goethe Institut
- Spanish Embassy Education Department
- Qatar Foundation International
Links to information and resources
Other ways to