Connected Voice (formerly Newcastle CVS) is the infrastructure organisation for the voluntary and community sector in Newcastle and Gateshead.
What we do:
- We provide free advice and support to people and organisations to help them make a positive difference, as well as ethical accountancy that directly funds our charitable work.
- We campaign for health equality and represent our charity, social enterprise and voluntary community both regionally and nationally.
- We connect people through events and networks, and give people the skills they need to advocate for themselves or turn their ideas into a successful project.
- We work effectively and accountably to inspire positive and lasting change throughout our community.
Connecting charities, social enterprises and community organisations to guidance and support: Our Support and Development team are here to help you make your ideas for positive change happen. We've been helping to establish and support successful organisations for the benefit of society since 1929 so there's very little we don't know about how to turn a good idea into a thriving project.
Connecting people to free, high quality and independent advocacy: Advocacy is taking action to help people say what they want, secure their rights, represent their interests and obtain services they need. Advocates work in partnership with the people they support and take their side. Advocacy promotes social inclusion, equality and social justice.
Connecting organisations to our specialist charity finance expertise: We know that providing an outstanding charity finance service means more than just having specialist knowledge and professional skills. Our qualified team have in-depth knowledge of community organisations and work directly with our charity experts to provide a connected service. This means we can identify and fix the most complex issues relating to finance, governance, business strategy, project planning and funding.
Other services and support:
- Events: Connecting people through events and networks where we can identify trends and share ideas
- Skills-building: Helping your team develop the specialist skills, knowledge and confidence they need to run your organisation successfully
- Amplifying voices: Working with our members and a range of organisations to ensure the voices of local charities, social enterprises and community organisations are heard
- Research reports: Collecting and analysing data to produce research reports on the experiences of local charities and community organisations, which are shared regionally and nationally
Connecting Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and organisations to reduce health inequalities: We co-ordinate the HAREF Network. There are numerous, often complex, reasons why our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities face specific health issues and health inequalities. Haref is committed to improving the quality of life of everyone in our diverse communities of Newcastle and Gateshead.