Our Newcastle Our World (international city plan) is a framework for collaboration and support for international relations within the city and across the world.
A strategic, city-wide approach to international relations
Our city is home to a diverse range of international communities and we have worldwide civic, community, business, cultural and investment links. We are committed to promoting, valuing and celebrating internationalism in the city and generating opportunities and impact through meaningful international relationships.
Our Newcastle Our World was developed with British Council support and the involvement of citywide partners in April 2019, as a means to agree the vision, partnership approach and the principles of how we would work together.
Our ambition around children and young people
The theme of children and young people was chosen to test the new approach. Priorities for action were decided through consultation with Youth Connectors in July 2019. These three strands of work are now progressing and are at different stages of development. Download: Our Newcastle Our World Children and Young People priority, strands and work programme 2020-2022
ONOW documents and links
- Our Newcastle Our World Children and Young People priority, strands and work programme 2020-2022 (March 2020)
- Briefing Note on the evolution of Our Newcastle Our World (Feb 2020)
- Our Newcastle Our World international city plan (June 2019)
- Youth Connectors event report and resource pack (July 2019)
- ONOW Children and Young People theme and workstrands
- Newcastle City of Languages Stakeholder Event (November 2019)
- Latest news and developments