D6 Culture in Transit
We are visual arts producers working with partners, communities and policy makers, to promote the role of artists in the sustainable development of our towns and cities. Working with extraordinary artists and intrepid partners, we develop projects which capture and reveal the stories that unite us. Through research, commissioning, and presentation our programme promotes the value of the arts in creating fairer, informed and more generous societies. We are D6, where cultures meet and exchange, and where artists and ideas come together to reveal our complex, surprising and interconnecting lives.
Founded in 1991, D6 has run an international programme of commissions, residencies and events for over 28 years.
- 28 years of experience
- Partners in 57 countries globally
- Significant advocacy and mentoring skills in arts and culture, delivering training to 7320 individuals in the past 10 years
- Led projects with 31 countries in the last 5 years
- Supported more than 51 international residencies in the past 10 years, contributing significantly to the development of contemporary artists and their work
- Initiated 60 commissions that give voice to marginalised communities and change attitudes
- Reached diverse regional and international audiences of over 142,000 people with events and artists talks in the past 10 years.