France: Honorary Consul
Eric Donjon is the Honorary Consul of France in Newcastle, one of a number of honorary consuls in the UK.
Les services proposés:
- Remise des passeports biométriques et cartes nationales d’identité
- Recueil des procurations de vote
- Établissement de certificats de vie et de résidence
- Légalisation de signature, certification de signature
- Certification de conformité à l’original de copies et photocopies de documents
What is an Honorary Consul? An Honorary Consul is a volunteer who looks after French citizens living outside Greater London. They work in designated areas of the country and can be French or have another nationality. If you live in the local area of an Honorary Consul, you can contact him/her to request a French ID card, and collect it from him/her. You cannot request a passport from an Honorary Consul as the application must be made in person at the French Consulate.
What is the difference between a General Consul and an Honorary Consul? The Honorary Consul doesn’t have the same role as the General Consul, he doesn’t administrate the French community and there are some administrative procedures that he cannot execute depending on their nationality. Also, he/she can only do procedures that the French consulate can do.
Address26 Forth Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, North East England, England, NE1 4EU, United Kingdom
Zip/Post CodeNE1 4EU